The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Third Engineer shall undertake responsibilities in the engine room as directed by the First and/or Second Engineer.
A member of a watch going standing team comprising comprised of a Second Engineer in the Control Room, a Motorman and the Third Engineer as roaming engine room watches. Monitor and maintain equipment. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Part of an engine room watch team monitoring the running machinery.
- Carry out orders given by the duty engineer in the control room.
- Perform maintenance routines as instructed by the First Engineer/Second Engineer.
- Be able to temporarily relieve the duty Second Engineer should this be deemed necessary.
- Be conversant with the SEMS and AMOS routines and procedures.
- Shall be familiar with the safety management system, including specific responsibilities in the safety organization according to the emergency plan and station bill.
- Lead the engine crew on watch in proper maintenance and repair procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience as a Motorman, Junior Engineer or Engine Cadet is required. Prior experience as a Third Engineer is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- An Unlimited Third Engineer License is required.
- A National License with a Bahamian Endorsement is required.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates