The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accommodation Maintenance Manager
Job SummaryThe Accommodation Maintenance Manager plans and executes the maintenance/repairs of the Hotel Beverage Department’s equipment and machinery.
Combine your experience and sense of adventure by joining our exciting team of employees working onboard our ships at sea. Celebrity Cruises is looking for inspired global professionals who believe in success through commitment and pride to join our expanding family. As an industry leader in service and innovation, we provide a working environment that fosters career growth and development for our onboard team members. With a fleet of innovative cruise ships, each offering guests a premium vacation experience, there are almost countless opportunities to join us at sea.
The responsibilities of this position involve coordinating with the Shipboard Maintenance team as recommended by the Shipboard and Shoreside Accommodations Maintenance team. This role requires cooperation with the Hotel Director and department heads in order to achieve optimal results that sustain the brand’s position as the highest-rated premium cruise line.
- Inspects installation progress, products and systems to ensure compliance with specific safety standards and applicable codes and regulations
- Ensures maintenance schedules are entered in the AMOS system in addition to reviewing and planning for the requirement of spares and place order in accordance with established procedures through the AMOS Controller in accordance with established procedures with the Technical Support Officer
- Establishes procedures and tests for the operation, maintenance (including preventive maintenance), repair of machineries/equipment and furnishings
- Evaluates and submits recommendations for repairs or modifications based on such factors as environment, service, costs and system capabilities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Marine Engineering degree or international equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in a hotel maintenance management position in a large hospitality hotel/resort environment
- Extensive knowledge of USPH standards
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, documentation, instructions or specifications including modifications and enhancements
- Demonstrates aptitude for the financial aspects of hotel maintenance operations including identification of expense reduction through cost control and preventive maintenance
- Written and verbal proficiency in the English language
- Working knowledge of computers and various software packages such as AMOS, Excel, and Word
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
- Sailed 6 months as a licensed officer