The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryReporting to the Manager-Finance & Investments, the Accountant is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting function of the company.
The incumbent will be expected to direct and guide the activities of subordinate accounting personnel and ensure that appropriate accounting practices are followed.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses, and information reports; presents recommendations for programmatic and fiscal changes, and process improvements as deemed necessary.
- Manages the external audit process.
- Facilitates all financial requirements of the internal audit function.
- Prepares and monitors financial plans, cash flow forecasts and budgets.
- Facilitates the smooth and efficient functioning of the Finance department by directing, overseeing and participating in the departmental work program and assigning work activities.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports including general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and fixed assets.
- Ensures all financial obligations are met through the submission of timely requests for funding for salaries and wages and other expenditure.
- Reviews the performance of direct reports and intervenes to ensure conformity with departmental standards.
- Manages purchasing system – preparation of purchase orders, schedules and associated approvals.
- Manages invoicing of clients as well as processing of supplier invoices, including maintenance of registers and acquisition of relevant approvals.
- Any related duties and responsibilities consistent with the role of an Accountant.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Four (4) years’ experience in a similar position.
Required Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Sound understanding of management and financial accounting.
- Experience working in a financial institution would be an asset.
- High level of integrity and understanding of good corporate government practices.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and theories, financial statements and reports.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively under time constraints and meet deadlines.
- Ability to develop and manage a team.
- Ability to develop and main effective relationships at all levels within the company and external stakeholders.
Required Behavioural Competencies
- Interpersonal savvy
- Business insight
- Nimble learning
- Drives results
- Action oriented