The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe University of the Virgin Islands invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Accountant I.
- Maintain and monitor federal and local grants/contracts
- Execute cash draws for assigned grant fund
- Calculate and track indirect cost and time and effort reporting
- Audit payroll for budget to actual reports for assigned accounts
- Monitor account receivables for assigned accounts
- Monitor deposits and refunds and the transfer of funds between accounts
- Record university requisitions in the accounting log 8. Work with division heads/principle investigators to assist with unreconciled/overspent accounts
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Auditing or related area, or three years Accounting experience. Skill in operation of accounting software and computer operation.
- Knowledge of accounting, algebra, auditing and data processing.
- Diverse Busy Office; ability to handle pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to travel for meetings, conferences, and training.
- Must be self-motivated.
- Must have the ability to be composed at all time.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment will be moderate.
Must have to ability to sit for an extended period of time.