The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe “Accounting Technician” is required to perform activities relating to the management of the revenues and expenditure of the Company.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs work involving financial accounting and maintaining financial records.
- Balances and reconciles accounts and makes necessary corrections and adjustments.
- Reviews, verifies and processes payment vouchers and ensures correct entry into the accounting system.
- Assists in the preparation of Annual Estimates of Expenditure.
- Assists in the preparation of requests for release of funds from the Line Ministry.
- Maintains records of expenditure incurred on all residential and agricultural projects.
- Performs a range of related duties as may be required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Highly confidential.
- High degree of integrity.
- Proficiency in the use of Peachtree.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must be methodical and accurate.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be CAT certified.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Peachtree certification required.