The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Accounting Technician (FMG/AT 1) - Trelawny Public Health Services
Job SummaryThe Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ an Accounting Technician for the Trelawny Public Health Services.
Reporting to the Parish Accountant, the incumbent’s core responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare Audit schedules for all assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures
- Reconcile suppliers statements and addressing suppliers queries
- Secure the storage of records to facilitate smooth annual external audit reviews
- Prepare monthly liability statements and verify fortnightly and monthly salary claims
- Prepares costing required for staff sessions and on-call rosters
- Input monthly and fortnightly data into payroll templates and upload same to the required Payroll Programme
- Maintaining salary schedule and calculating staff salary entitlements (study leave applications etc.)
- Research & calculate staff claimable arrears of allowances
- Prepare invoices for clients and assist with lodgement
- Assist with the preparation of checks
- Perform any other related duties assigned
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of accounts payables and receivables
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting software
- Knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit Act would be an asset
Qualifications and Experience:
- Level 1 ACCA Certification, Associate Degree in Accounting or its equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years working experience in general accounting.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED