The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe Accounts Manager is responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual accounts, the financial and accounting activities of the entire company.
The Accounts Manager is responsible for the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual accounts, the financial and accounting activities of the entire company.
- This includes all payments, monitoring cash flow, financial planning, and the development of accounting policies as it relates to KC Confectionery Limited.
- The Accounts Manager directs the organization’s financial goals, objectives, and budgets, oversee the management of funds and manage associated risks, supervise all cash and credit activities, execute capital-raising strategies to support a firm’s expansion, and deal with mergers and acquisitions.
- The Accounts Manager also ensures internal controls and adherence to policies.
General Description of the Duties of the Accounts Manager
- Accounting Duties
- The AM will be responsible for presenting and reporting accurate and timely historical financial and management information of the company. Every stakeholder in the company – including shareholders, creditors, employees and other members of management - relies on the accuracy and timeliness of this information.
- Financial Duties –
- The AM is also responsible for the company's present financial condition, so he or she must decide how to control the company's funds, taking into consideration risk and liquidity.
- The AM oversees the capital structure of the company, determining the best mix of debt, equity and internal financing. Addressing the issues surrounding capital structure is one of the most important duties of the AM.
- Economic Strategy and Forecasting –
- The AM will be responsible for the present financial situation of the company as he forms an integral part of a company's financial future. The AM must be able to identify and report what areas of a company are most efficient and how the company can capitalize on this information.
- The AM ensures that the company has an accurate costing system, with cost centers. The AM also advises the company on economical production and to maximize revenue by the product mix.
- The AM manages the staff of the Accounts Department and ensures that the Company meets all statutory and fiduciary obligations and payment of various taxes on time.
- The AM is required to present required reports to the Executive Management of the Company and monthly reports to the Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The performance of professional technical accounting functions to facilitate timely and accurate processing of computerized general and subsidiary ledger accounting transactions.
- Preparation and reviewing monthly, quarterly and yearly Financial Statements and Schedules for Audit.
- Preparation and maintenance of all costing information of Raw and Packaging Materials and Finished Products and reporting of product yields and wastage cost.
- Costing of Imported Finished Products and installation of pricing structures to distribute these products.
- Supervise the maintenance of Debtors and Creditors Sub-ledger Accounts.
- Credit management of Clients’ Accounts.
- Supervise the preparation and review all Statutory Payments and Records.
- Routine audits of the accounting systems to ensure all the accounting principles and procedures are consistent with international and statutory requirements.
- Preparation and review Cash Flows, Budgets, Sales Forecasting and Sales Reporting.
- Preparation and review Executive and Management Reports for Corporate and Management Board Meetings.
- Treasury Management.
- Review of Fortnightly and Monthly Payrolls.
- Recommendation and advice to I.T. related to Accounts Policy and Procedures.
- Staff Supervision and leadership of the departments.
- Any other related duties that may be necessary.