The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority invites applications from suitably qualified individuals to fill the position of Adherence Counsellor, HIV/AIDS Prevention & Control Programme for the parish of St. Mary.
Reporting to the Social Worker, the incumbent will work closely with the Social Worker and other key team members at the treatment site to employ creative strategies to ensure adherence to ARVs; monitor and prevent resistance and improve standardized methods of tracking adherence and ARV resistance.
The ideal candidate will meet the following educational criteria:
- Certificate in Counselling and three (3) subjects at CXC or ‘O’ Levels inclusive of passes in Mathematics, English and any other subject
- Have at least 2-3 years work experience
- Possess sound knowledge of HIV/AIDS facts and issues
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Must be Computer Literate
- Training in Voluntary Counselling and Testing (VCT) is an asset
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Make recommendations as to the most effective approaches to ensure adherence to Antiretroviral by Persons Living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHAs) being followed at local Treatment site.
- Develop in Collaboration with Multidisciplinary team adherence support groups for PLWHAs at Local Treatment Centres.
- Facilitate development of structured mechanisms within support groups to address psychosocial and environmental barriers to effective adherence.
- Carry out orientation to Clinic for new clinic attendees.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged