The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administration Manager 10 / Finance & Administration Manager, PMI AIRS Project
Job SummaryAbt Associates seeks a qualified Administration Manager 10 / Finance and Administration Manager to support the PMI AIRS Project in Haiti.
Under the supervision of the Chief of Party, the Administration Manager 10 / Finance & Administration Manager oversees and directs all aspects of financial management and administrative support for the PMI AIRS Project.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops, manages, and monitors project budgets and annual workplans.
- Prepares accurate financial reports, and monthly cash fund requests in close coordination with senior project staff.
- Prepares annual site office revenue projections and updates budget tracker forecast on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that project operations are in compliance with all USAID and Abt policies and procedures.
- Supports the startup, general operations, and closedown of the PMI AIRS program.
- Manages the financial operations and financial reporting of the country program, providing guidance, training and technical assistance to financial and non-financial management personnel.
- Supervises and coaches the project Accountant, Procurement & Logistics Manager, IT Specialist, Office Manager and other administrative support staff.
- Conducts a financial brown bag on a quarterly basis to build the financial capacity of technical and operations personnel on different financial topics, including compliance, travel, budgeting, forecasting and procurement.
- Creates and maintains financial reporting and tracking systems that provide basic data measurements on financial performance of project activities and develops/recommends cost cutting and compliant strategies to implement the project with less resources.
- Provides ongoing financial administration to the project, including the processing of approvals for procurements, consultant agreements, and vendor invoices.
- Manages the timely submission of the monthly financial submission (ROV) to the headquarters office.
- Serves as the project’s contact with the client on finance and administrative issues, participating in discussions on contract issues and actions, and following up on client requests and concerns.
- Supports the development, execution, and management of subcontractor and consultant agreements.
- Develops and implements a payment system for seasonal vector control technicians and community mobilizers.
- Develops and implements systems to streamline financial practices and procedures.
- Updates the project FCA at Headquarters on all contractual, financial and legal issues affecting the project.
- Performs random audits of inventory to make sure inventory reports prepared by the operations team are always accurate and up to date.
- Oversees human resources activities affecting the project, including but not limited to the hiring, termination, benefit tracking and legal disputes involving current and former site office personnel.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Bachelors Degree (minimum), or a Masters Degree (preferred), in Business , Administration, or other relevant field.
- At least six (6) years of professional experience managing financial and contractual aspects of large international development projects, preferably USAID-finded projects.
- Significant experience managing and supervising financial and procurement management personnel.
- Familiarity with US Government Cost Accounting Standards, and a good knowledge of Federal and USAID Acquisition Regulations (FARs and AIDARs).
- Strong analytical and computer skills, with an emphasis on budget and financial analysis.
- Experience in logistics, procurement, and supply chain management highly desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are highly desirable.
- (6+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.