The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative and Program Assistant
Job SummaryThe Administrative and Program Assistant Clerk reports to the Administration and Finance Officer and is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services.
Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that HRI’s operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
Roles and Responsibilities
Major responsibilities and target accomplishments expected of the position including but not limited to the following:
- Manage and maintain HRI Haiti and US Staff schedules, including scheduling travel and conferences, making appointments, and making changes to appointments.
- Answering and directing calls to appropriate staff member, taking messages.
- Greeting visitors and determining access to appropriate staff member.
- Support in developing HRI’s administrative policies and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Opening, sorting, and distributing correspondence, including email, faxes, and snail mail.
- Reading and analyzing submissions, letters, agendas, memos and determining significance; routing to appropriate personnel in a timely and efficient manner.
- Prepare reports, collect and analyze information; prepare power point presentations for program staff.
- Develop and utilize historical information; provide retrieval of information. Record meeting discussions and provide minutes.
- Maintain inventory and office supplies. Anticipate office needs; evaluate new office products; place and often expedite orders when necessary.
- Ensure operation of office equipment, order maintenance when necessary. Troubleshoot malfunction of some office equipment.
- Support the Administration and Finance Officer in providing payroll processing.
- Translate documents from French to English and Vice versa
- Data analysis; Proficient in Access, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point. Perform filtering and sorting of data.
- Train other staff on office equipment, policies and procedures, arrange for setup on new computers and logging of new employees in the HRI database.
- Prepare responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Manage pretty cash under the Administrative and Finance Officer
- Provide clerical and general office support to other member of the HRI team.
- Prepare and develop an HRI records management system; maintain and recommend changes to records system when appropriate.
- Interact with customers when appropriate and problem solve. Document complaints and develop an appropriate course of action. Report problems to the Country Director when they cannot be resolved for attention.
- Diploma from an accredited Secretarial School
- 3+ years experience as an Administrative Assistant, Secretary, Administrator
- Problem solving ability
- Advanced MS Office experience (MS Word, excel, Access, Power Point)
- A very good level of English spelling and grammar
- Knowledge of Spanish is an asset
- Experience working in an NGO is an asset