The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Assistant, Eastern and Southern Caribbean
Job SummaryAdministrative Assistant, Eastern and Southern Caribbean
~~RTI International is an independent nonprofit research institute and leading development organization headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA. Since 1958, RTI has worked in over 150 countries and designed and implemented cutting-edge solutions in the sectors of economic growth, governance, education, and health. A cornerstone of RTI’s work is strengthening the capacities of local partners and systems in order to increase local ownership and ensure that host country individuals and organizations have the skills and resources to achieve their missions and sustain their services in the long term.
RTI is currently accepting applications for two Administrative Assistants for an anticipated USAID-funded Local Capacity for Local Solutions project that will focus on ten countries in the Eastern and Southern Caribbean (ESC) region. These countries include: Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, St. Kitts & Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Suriname, and Trinidad & Tobago. The project office and staff will be based out of Bridgetown, Barbados. The project will be four years in duration and is expected to commence in April 2017. This position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding. The Barbados local compensation plan will be applied for these positions.
The Administrative Assistant(s) will be responsible for providing logistical support to project activities and will conduct administrative tasks to help ensure smooth operations of the project office. The Administrative Assistants will report to the Finance and Administration Manager. Specific responsibilities include:
• Arranging logistics for project meetings and workshops which may include preparation of training materials, workshop supplies, coordination of travel and lodging accommodation for staff or participants, requesting cash advances for per diems, identification of venue space, and arranging catering.
• Assist in scheduling appointments and sending official correspondences, as required.
• Assist in coordinating the use of the project vehicle.
• Assist in procuring project supplies and other equipment, as needed.
• Take notes at project meetings.
• Collect receipts from staff to document expenses, manage paperwork for requests for advances, and ensure that staff have the proper paperwork for other requests.
• Manage shipping of project documents.
• Photocopy documents as required by project staff.
• Pick up and deliver banking documents and other confidential documents.
• Assist Finance and Administration Manager in filing project documents.
• Assist Finance and Administration Manager in keeping a record of project inventory.
• Receive telephone calls and perform reception duties, as needed.
• Perform other similar duties as directed by the Finance and Administration Manager.
Required Skills and Qualifications
The successful applicant will be a proactive person who is extremely detail oriented. She/he will also be able to multi-task and work under tight deadlines. She/he will also have strong interpersonal skills and be able to work well in a diverse team.
Required skills also include:
• Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel;
• Strong writing and verbal communication skills;
• Experience in office administration, logistics management, and event/meeting coordination; and
• Associates or vocational degree with 2 years of professional experience with strong recommendations from previous supervisors.
Application Instructions: Qualified candidates are invited to apply for this position and submit their CV and cover letter to RTI at www.rti.org/job17813 . Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.