The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Administrative Assistant/Senior Administrative Assistant
Job SummaryApplications are invited for the post of Administrative Assistant/Senior Administrative Assistant, in the Programme Delivery Department (PDD), Academic Programming and Delivery (APAD) Division of The University of the West Indies, Open Campus, Mona.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Candidates for the position should possess:
- a Bachelor’s degree ideally in Business, Management, Accounting, Human Resources or related disciplines;
- a minimum of three (3) to six (6) years’ experience at the supervisory level;
- knowledge of office procedures, filing and record keeping systems;
- professional Supervisory Management Training Certification (or equivalent);
- experience in the use of Web Conferencing software and social media (an asset).
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS NEEDED
The successful applicant should possess the following knowledge and skills:
- excellent Microsoft Office functions and Internet skills – i.e. be Technologically savvy;
- excellent communication skills – oral and written;
- excellent time management, planning and organisational skills;
- skilled in working with database and/or spreadsheet applications;
- knowledge of office procedures, filing and electronic record-keeping systems;
- mature analytical thinker and people-oriented, with good interpersonal skills;
- ability to function with confidentiality;
- ability to multi-task and cope in a fast-paced demanding environment – i.e. be organized and systematic;
- ability to work as a team member and team leader within a virtual collaborative environment;
- ability to work independently and efficiently with minimal supervision;
- willingness to work flexible hours;
- self motivated, energetic and proactive;
The ideal job incumbent will:
- provide high-level administrative support to the Head of the Programme Delivery Department;
- facilitate general administration of the Department and the department’s academic and support staff, in a virtual working environment across different geographical locations;
- provide supervisory support online for clerical assistants within the department;
- coordinate job tasks across job positions, and monitor milestones and deliverables in accordance with the department’s annual work plan and calendar
- liaise with other Administrative Assistants within the APAD to ensure that administrative and support processes are executed to support PDD functions; as well as internal stakeholders such as the Registry and the Open Campus Country Sites (OCCS).
- Placement at Administrative Assistant/Senior Administrative Assistant level will depend on qualifications and experience.
The OC is a young and rapidly growing campus of The University of the West Indies. It should be expected that specific assignments and job responsibilities would evolve over time. We seek individuals who are adaptable, and comfortable with change, growth and transformation.
How to apply
Applications should be made on The UWI Open Campus application form and submitted as soon as possible, along with an up
to date curriculum vitae.