The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Agriculture Aide II
Job SummaryAgriculture Aide II to provide assistance with research activities and facilities maintenance for the Horticulture & Aquaculture Research Program of the Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Knowledge of: Agricultural mechanics, animal husbandry, plumbing, carpentry, small engine mechanics, plant cultivation, irrigation
- Essential skills: Tractor operation, animal handling, small equipment operation, pesticide/herbicide application, basic math Abilities to: Work as part of a team or work independently, work with other programs, operate power equipment, follow directions and communicate in English
- While performing duties of job, employee will be required to work outdoors in hot weather.
- This position requires the employee to be able to lift 50 lbs (feed sack) and carry it at least 25 yards.
- The noise level in the work environment will probably be moderate.
- The work environment is a mix of outdoors and indoors.