The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Analyst I, Accounting
Job SummaryResponsible for the production of consolidated financial and/or regulatory reporting from a legal entity perspective for internal and external bodies, in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the production of consolidated financial and/or regulatory reporting from a legal entity perspective for internal and external bodies, in accordance with statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Performs a variety of moderately complex finance & accounting functions within the Accounting department.
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes, and customers.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems; uses previous experience to identify solutions.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
- Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts
- Balances books or accounts and prepares profit/loss, income and balance sheet statements
- Reviews and verifies the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records
- Prepares and analyzes financial statements and monthly reports
- Prepares balance sheet reconciliation and margin trend analysis
- Assists with audits by providing supporting records and documentation
- Conducts studies and develops solutions for improving accounting processes
- Prepares and analyzes tax records and reports
- Prepares local, state and federal tax returns
- Assists in preparing statistical and financial reports
- Maintains records and performs miscellaneous tax assignments
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Preferred Accounting Certification applicable to the geographic area of the role (may be required in some geographies)
- Minimum Has attained knowledge and experience in own discipline through prior work experience.
- Minimum Knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Minimum Competent with advanced features & database functionality of Microsoft Excel and Access
- Minimum Knowledge of finance principles and relevant internal policies
- Minimum Knowledge of local, state and federal laws regarding accounting, finances and taxation
- Minimum Proficiency in relevant accounting software
- Minimum Proven analytical skills with high degree of attention to accuracy and detail
- Minimum Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Minimum Effective communications skills, strong business acumen and financial skills
- Minimum Demonstrates a proactive approach to work with initiative and drive
- Minimum Ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team oriented environment
- Minimum Able to maintain confidentiality in all assignments and tasks
Additional Role Requirements:
- Usual hours are: Monday – Friday 8am – 5pm Schedule is a guide only, must be flexible and able to work overtime if the project designates.