The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Analyst I, Payroll
Job SummaryResponsible for the efficient running and administration of the organization’s payroll and expense accounts. Includes implementing and checking payroll and taxation changes on an on-going basis.
- Builds knowledge of the organization, processes and customers
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
- Moderate decision making authority guided by policies, procedures, and business operations protocol
- Responsible for a variety and/or specialized functions within payroll.
Performs one of more of the following duties:
- Compiles payroll data and statistics for the calculation of payroll and to perform complex analysis
- Processes garnishment remittances and child support levies
- Analyzes multi-state payroll tax data and performs calculations, and ensures that payroll information is reported to federal, state and local agencies as may be required
- Researches and responds to complex inquiries related to payroll taxes, deductions and wage withholdings
- Prepares and creates standard and ad hoc reports and reconciles all payroll-related general ledger accounts
- All other duties as assigned
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum Some experience in financial analysis
- Minimum Able to demonstrate effective and successful contributions to team and/or cross-functional team objectives
- Minimum Demonstrates a strong team ethic with the ability to build relationships and work effectively in large and small teams.
- Minimum Advanced knowledge of finance principles and relevant internal policies
- Minimum Requires in-depth knowledge and expertise, gained through previous project based roles.
- Minimum Solid experience in financial analysis, may preferably include experience in tax