The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Application Support Specialist
Job SummaryThe Application Support Specialist has responsibility to design, build, test and implement the software code that enables computer systems to perform specific to business needs and thus contributing to the Corporation's goals.
The key responsibilities include:
- Build solutions with .NET / Win Forms / ASP.NET MVC / C#.NET / SQL Server / WCF Web Services
- Maintain and develop new features in existing applications. Create prototypes for client engagements
- Designs, codes, and tests technical solutions
- Maintains appropriate levels of technical and procedural documentation
- Adheres to appropriate departmental procedures and practices (such as auditing requirements, control procedures and incident management procedures)
- Conducts platform monitoring and performance tuning
- Participate in design reviews, scrum/sprint meetings, and other engineering activities.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Computer Engineering
- At least one (1) year experience working within a similar position
- Understanding of advanced relational database concepts
- Understands technical and functional design requirements
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Experience designing and developing secure applications using Microsoft technologies such as (#, ASP.NEI, MVC, Entity Framework, ADO.NE1, SQL Reporting Services, WCF and Web Services
- Strong experience with data integration; understanding/experience with RESTful API design using Net Web API, web services, and 3rd party libraries.
- Experience developing unit-testing scenarios to exercise a NET Framework application to simulate environmental failures and code failures.
- Knowledge of Active Directory and developing and applying of role based security models.
- Sound knowledge of Object Oriented Programming concepts.
- Proficient writing SQL queries, procedures and scripts
- Knowledge of how legacy and web based systems interface with each other
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, be motivated, is results oriented, is customer-focused, and has strong analytical, and problem solving skills
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.