The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Auditor (FMG/AS 1)
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Assistant Auditor (FMG/AS 1) – (Not Vacant) in the Ministry of Justice.
Under the direct supervision of the Auditor, the incumbent is responsible for the examination of transactions, records and documents, both financial and operational, to determine compliance with the provisions of relevant laws, regulations, policies and rules.
- Conducts reviews of assigned organization;
- Verifies organizational records;
- Examines and appraises financial and accounting practices, systems and procedures; Conducts exit interviews;
- Clears any queries on the working paper prepared;
- Assists in the preparation of preliminary recommendations and drafting of reports; Performs any other related duties assigned.
- Sound analytical skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Working knowledge of relevant computer application
- Sound knowledge of Government Accounting, Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act, Staff Order and Public Service Regulations
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Associate Degree, AAT, ACCA-CAT or equivalent qualifications;
- ACCA Level 1;
- One (1) year or more practical experience in accounting or related field.
Salary range $822,650 - $977,872 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.