The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Food & Beverage Manager
Job SummaryThe Assistant Food & Beverage Manager will assist the Food & Beverage Director with the daily F&B administration and operation.
- In conjunction with the Storekeeper, provide analysis of bar stores consumption to assist the Food & Beverage Director with the ordering of supplies.
- In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager, compile a physical inventory routine for each location to verify levels of inventory at least once per cruise or more if required (e.g. crew bar daily or any bar where high variances are occurring).
- In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager, periodically hold spot checks or physical inventory in bars, bar stores, main storerooms and cellars.
- Maintain the Bar Master File, Bar Ingredient File and P.O.S. keyboard arrangements.
- Prepare daily revenue analysis by bar location for the Food & Beverage Manager and compare against previous results and against budgets set by the Corporate office.
- In charge of coordinating any special services with various departments onboard.
- Attend passenger cocktail parties as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Food and Beverage Manager.
- Possess a diploma from a recognized European or USA Hotel Management School or University or equivalent, plus a minimum of three years experience as Bar Manager, Maitre d' Hotel or Chef de Cuisine in a shore operation with international clientele, or minimum of service of two years on board a 4/5-star ship in a compatible position.
- Ability to understand, analyze and interpret financial results.
- Completion of Advanced/Intermediate Food & Hygiene.
- Strong leadership (leading by example) and motivational skills.
- Needs to be very service and quality oriented
- ("attention to details").
- Ability to plan, execute, follow up and be positive to change in a very flexible working environment.
- Ability to innovate and foster creativity.
- PC knowledge of: MS Word and Excel.
- Effective planner and organizer
- Strong team building abilities.
- Strong command of the English language combined with good verbal and written skills.
- Good social skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Experience in quality establishments and good knowledge of English are essential.