The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing - Adult Health Nursing
Job SummaryThe Assistant or Associate Professor in Nursing Adult Health is a full time position at the School of Nursing at UVI which is a Historically Black, publicly supported land-grant institution.
UVI is seeking faculty who will ensure that students meet high academic standards in a nurturing, and learner-centered environment in keeping with our HBCU status. Faculty should have expertise in curriculum innovation and educational technology. Faculty should also demonstrate teaching and scholarly excellence in their specialties. In addition, academic programs support our land grant designation by integrating instruction with research and community service. Faculty must be able to work productively with students and colleagues of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Academic qualification and clinical experience in Adult Health/Medical Surgical nursing are required. The ideal candidate will be certified as a nurse educator and would have experience in emergency room nursing. Previous experience in collegiate teaching, familiarity with ACEN accreditation processes, QSEN and the AACN essential competencies, the ability to work with a diverse population and promoting student success through academic advising are essential.
Team working and leadership skills are also essential in order to effectively participate in SON and UVI governance activities, program development and assure continued ACEN Accreditation. The ability to initiate or continue a research program and other scholarly activities is an asset.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competencies in teaching methods and evaluation processes
- Comfort with health care and educational technology
- Organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to collaborate and work as a team member
- Commitment to the nursing profession
- Knowledge of ongoing quality monitoring and accreditation processes
- Current Licensure to practice and eligibility for licensure in the USVI
- A Doctorate in Nursing or a related field with a Master’s degree in Nursing with a focus in Adult Health is the preferred qualification for this position. The minimum qualification is a MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Certification as a Nurse Educator is preferred.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear. Walking, lifting and or moving up to 25 pounds will also be required occasionally.
- Specific visual abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must be able to operate a motor vehicle.