The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Professor of Communication - Specialization in Mass Communication/Multimedia Production
Job SummaryThe University of the Virgin Islands invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Assistant Professor of Communication - Specialization in Mass Communication/Multimedia Production.
- The successful candidate will teach a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours per semester in Communication, advise students, participate in service activities [including committee work within the college and university], and maintain an active research and publication agenda.
- The incumbent will teach introductory and advanced skills courses in public speaking, multi-media theory and practice, multi-media production, web design and development, and production for social media and mobile communications.
- The incumbent also will provide leadership in the department’s multi-media initiatives, including oversight and operation of the department website and teach the importance of diversity and inclusiveness in the media.
- Administrative experience highly desired.
- At least five years of excellence in teaching at the college level as evidenced by student evaluations and supervisory recommendations is desired.
- Applicants are expected to have an earned Ph.D. in Communications at the time of contract/hire.
- Applicants must demonstrate excellence in teaching at the college level; must provide evidence of the ability to work with people of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Experience in course development and distance learning is essential.