The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Professor of English
Job SummaryThe successful candidate will teach a minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours per semester in English to include First-Year Composition, Introductory Literature Courses, and courses in the incumbent’s specialization area.
Applicants must hold the Ph.D. [or other terminal degree] in English with a specialization in African American Literature and/or Caribbean Literature; administrative experience highly desired. At least five years of excellence in teaching at the college level as evidenced by student evaluations and supervisory recommendations is desired.
The candidate must provide evidence of the ability to work with people of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds. Experience in course development and distance learning is essential. Participation in service activities including committee work within the college and university is required along with the maintenance of an active research agenda.
- Ability to teach reading and writing skills and contribute to the general education requirements;
- Excellence in teaching at the college level;
- Strong background in writing;
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultural and educational backgrounds;
- Experience in distant learning and teaching web-based courses is desirable.
While performing duties of job, employee will be required to stand, walk, sit, reach, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance and color vision and the ability to adjust focus.