The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
Job SummaryApplicants to this position are expected to provide leadership for curriculum development, assessment and implementation of the developmental mathematics program.
- Full time, Assistant or Associate professor in the area of Mathematics or Mathematics Education, with primary teaching responsibilities in the Department of Mathematics.
- The Mathematics department offers a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, and a Master’s in Mathematics for Secondary Teachers, as well as provide service to the University through general education mathematics courses, and foundations courses for those students who might not be ready for college level work.
- The ability to reach and inspire students at all levels is critical to the success of the faculty member.
- In addition to teaching, the faculty member is expected to mentor and advise students, participate in scholarship, and be of service to the institution through curriculum development, and committee service.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching at the college level;
- Ability to teach a wide range of undergraduate mathematics courses;
- Adaptability and genuine interest in mentoring students.
- A Ph.D in Mathematics or Mathematics Education or Ed.D in Mathematics Education by the beginning of the term of employment is required.