The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Assistant Systems Administrator (MIS/IT 3)
Job SummaryThe Western Regional Health Authority (a Statutory Body under the Ministry of Health) is currently seeking to employ an Assistant Systems Administrator.
Reporting to the Director – Management Information Systems, the incumbent’s core responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical and user support across the Region
- Assisting in the training of staff in Software applications
- Maintaining and administrating the Help Desk Ticketing System
- Installing computer and peripherals devices
- Performing systems backup and recovery operations
- Ensuring the smooth and continuous operation of computers and all systems within the Region.
- Conducting regular maintenance activities of workstations under the supervision of the Systems Administrator.
- Assisting with the documentation of network configurations and the development of network standards.
- Performing any other related duties assigned
Specific Knowledge/Skills Required:
- Working knowledge of the Windows Server environment, Active Directory and administration techniques.
- Working knowledge of network switches/routers and LAN/WAN technology
- Working knowledge of the Linux/Unix environment
- Working knowledge of network implementation & techniques
- Sound hardware, software and network troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Knowledge of virtualization and associated technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with minimal supervision
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Computer Science or related field
- One (1) year related experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Industry certifications would be an asset
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted