The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Auditor – Financial & Operational
Job SummaryResponsible for reviewing and assessing the company’s operational/accounting processes and internal control systems. The incumbent is also required to evaluate the company’s compliance to applicable laws and regulations.
- Plans, coordinates and executes financial, compliance or operational audit assignments in accordance with the Internal Audit standards.
- Evaluates the internal environment by utilizing a governance framework such as COSO to identify control gaps related to financial reporting, operational efficiencies or compliance with laws and regulations.
- Designs internal audit procedures and work programmes.
- Assists in developing risk–based annual audit plans detailing the scope, nature and timing of audit activities.
- Identifies key areas of risk within the organization and propose appropriate controls to mitigate the risks.
- Discusses audit findings and recommendations with line managers and report significant issues to senior management.
The successful applicant should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management Studies or ACCA/CPA accreditation.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ Internal Audit experience in conducting financial and/or operational audits.
- Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) would be an asset.
- Holds or currently pursuing the Certified Information Auditor (CIA) certification.
- Excellent auditing skills
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports.
- High levels of achievement orientation, initiative, professionalism, confidentiality, personal ethics and ability to engender trust at all levels.
- Highly competent in client relations; interpersonal relationship management; and having the ability to work well in teams.
- Commitment to gaining professional qualifications and ongoing self-development.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of applications, along with particular knowledge of computer assisted audit techniques (CAATS), such as Audit Command Language (Audit Command Language).
- Good knowledge of Government of Jamaica policies and procedures.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this career opportunity. Please note, however, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.