The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Auditor (FMG/AS 2) – Internal Audit Division
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the post of Auditor (FMG/AS 2) – Internal Audit Division within the Ministry of Science, Energy and Technology
Under the general direction of the Senior Auditor, the incumbent:
- Examines and analyzes accounting records to determine the financial status of the Ministry. Inspects items in books of original entry to determine if accepted accounting procedures were followed in recording transactions;
- Determines whether relevant laws, regulations, policies and rules governing the Ministry and its Agencies are adhered to;
- Evaluates the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of management controls. Where necessary, recommends appropriate corrective action to be taken.
- Interprets and conducts assignments given by the Senior Auditor;
- Conducts review of assigned organizational and functional activities in accordance with the instructions given by the Senior Auditor in keeping with the prescribed audit programme;
- Conducts operational, financial and value for money audits using established audit requirements;
- Analyses and appraises evidential data to determine the adequacy, efficiency and effectiveness of activities being reviewed and compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- Conducts special assignments as directed by the Senior Auditor;
- Liaises with internal and external clients with regard to pre and post audit issues;
- Ensures that working papers are properly prepared and submitted for review;
- Consolidates audit findings and submit significant issues to Senior Auditor for review;
- Clears any queries on working papers prepared;
- Makes preliminary recommendations with respect to weaknesses or deficiencies noted;
- Assists with preparation of draft reports;
- Assists Senior Akuditor to follow up responses and ensures security of audit files.
- Assists and gives guidance to Junior Auditors;
- Attends and participates in Unit’s/Ministry’s Staff Meetings;
- Ensures self-awareness and adherence to policies, procedures and regulations of the Division and the Ministry;
- Performs other related functions assigned by the Senior Auditor and the Chief Internal Auditor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain integrity
- Ability to use initiative
- Good analytical skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills
- Proficient in the use of relevant computer applications
- Good research and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of government administration systems, laws and policies and other instructions governing both the financial and operational aspects of the Ministries and portfolio Agencies such as the Staff orders, Public Service Regulations, Procurement Guidelines, Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act
- Sound Knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, principles and practice
- Good knowledge of current auditing techniques
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree preferably in Accounts, Finance, Business Administration, Management or Economics; or
- ACCA Fundamentals or equivalent and no experience; or
- Qualification for entry level audit position plus at least two (2) years auditing or accounting experience.
Special Conditions Associated with the Job
- Required to travel to external sites in the performance of official duties.
- May be required to work under adverse conditions from time to time.
- May be required to work beyond normal working hours.
Salary range $1,133,186 – 1,347,003 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.