The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Auditor (FMG/AS 4)
Job SummaryTo assists all levels of management in achieving the organizational objectives effectively, by examining the internal control systems in accordance with the Government policies and procedures to determine the adequacy and integrity of the system.
- Prepares training/orientation manual for new members of staff within the Department to aid in the efficient and effective performance of their duties;
- Provides advice/guidance to team leaders to ensure accuracy of information disseminated to subordinates and strong effective leadership;
- Reviews/reforms audit reports prepared by team leaders and submits these reports to relevant authorities through the Chief Internal Auditor;
- Conducts audit of the financial statements of Vote Accounts, Deposit Account, Overseas Workers’ Savings Account, Appropriation-In-Aid Accounts, Fund Accounts and Investment Accounts to determine accuracy and reliability of information documented and adherence to the Accounting Standards;
- Reviews and sign off on working papers for audits undertaken by the Department to facilitate preparation of Monthly/Quarterly reports;
- Participates in Internal Audit Meeting at the Ministry of Finance and the Public Service for updates on new developments and overall audit performances/issues;
- Prepares Annual Audit Plan to support operational plan and interim time-budget based assignments;
- Assists in ensuring the security of audit files to enhance more effective time management and prudence in the performance of assignments;
- Assists in the follow-up of audit queries to ensure deficiencies are corrected, improved, procedures are implemented and internal controls are being adhered to.
- Manages the welfare and development of staff through coaching, mentoring, performance appraisals and training.
- Provides leadership to staff through effective setting, delegation and communication of duties and responsibilities.
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the department.
- Ensures that staff is aware of and adhere to policies, procedures and regulations of the Ministry.
- Performs any other duties assigned.
- Excellent knowledge of Auditing standards and procedures including value for money audit
- Excellent knowledge of the organization’s policies and procedures
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good presentation skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Ability to lead and work in team
- Working knowledge of relevant computer application
- Sound knowledge of the Financial Administration and Audit (FAA) Act
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree preferably in Accounts, Finance, Business Administration, Management or Economics or ACCA Fundamentals or equivalent and over five (5) years auditing experience and relevant experience in the specialized area;
- Successful completion of relevant government auditing courses and professional audit training would be an asset.
Special Condition Associated with the Job
- Extensive travelling; investigations carried out in volatile communities.
Salary range $1,730,109 - $2,056,555 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.