The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Bulk Sales Executive
Job SummaryResponsible for continuously promoting bulk sales to achieve the Company’s overall sales goals.
DIMENSIONS OF POSITION
NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The Bulk Sales Executive is required to sell GuyOil products and services into all Sectors, growing current dormant accounts and to achieve new business wins to increase current client portfolio.
The Incumbent identifies prospective customers, by using business directories, following leads from existing clients and by contacting new and existing customers to discuss their needs and to explain how specific products and services can meet these needs.
The Incumbent must have demonstrated ability to:
- Help customers select products based on analysis of customer needs, product specifications and regulations
- Emphasize product features based on analysis of customer needs and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations
- Negotiate prices and terms of sale and service agreements
The Bulk Sales Executive must determine on an annual basis the ‘Major Job Objectives’ for each aspect of the Work Programme of the Bulk Sales Section and identify and discuss with Subordinates the ‘Key Results Areas’ to be used as determinants to their performance results on a quarterly basis.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES TO ATTAIN ACCOUNTABILITY OBJECTIVES:
- IDENTIFIES business opportunities among companies and all potential bulk customers.
- EVALUATES, RESEARCHES and ANALYZES sales options with a view of selling them Gasoil and other GuyOil products.
- CONDUCTS market research to identify selling possibilities and EVALUATES customer needs.
- COLD CALLS to arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business. NEGOTIATES terms of agreement and closing sales in collaboration with the Marketing and Sales Manager.
- SELLS GuyOil products and DEVELOP customer business relationships.
- LIAISES with the Terminals/Depot to check on the progress of orders.
- MAINTAINS relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance.
- GATHERS market and customer information.
- RECORDS sales and order information.
- FEEDS future buying trends back to the Marketing and Sales Manager.
- REVIEWS sales performance and AIMS to meet or exceed targets.
- NEGOTIATES on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers.
- LIAISES with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders.
- CHECKS the quantities of goods on display and in stock.
- RECORDS sales and order information and SENDS copies to the sales office, or ENTERS figures into a computer system.
- PROVIDES daily, weekly and monthly reports to the Marketing and Sales Manager.
MANAGEMENT JOB DESCRIPTION EVALUATION: QUALIFICATIONS
University First Degree in Marketing, or Professional Accreditation plus a minimum of five (5) years’ experience at Professional level. Knowledge of Microsoft Suite is required.
Professional worker requiring over five years and up to ten years’ experience acquired through formal courses of study, on-the-job training and practical experience. Comprehensive, intensive practical knowledge and skills in applying knowledge to difficult and complex work assignments. Knowledge of export procedures and customs rules and regulations.
The Manager/Supervisor makes assignments by defining objectives, priorities, and deadlines; and assists subordinates with unusual situations, which do not have clear precedents.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIALS, CASH, ETC
Responsible for continuously promoting re-export sales to achieve the Company’s overall sales goals; generating more profit with more sales; disposing old stock and aged units by selling them.
Requires high amount of interpretation of administrative policies and precedents and technical and non-technical directives, based on Law, Guidelines and Procedures which state specific requirements. Significant knowledge of legal and financial regulations and supporting legal documentation to assess, evaluate and support action.
QUALITY OF WORK
The Incumbent has responsibility for planning, coordinating and implementing work plans independently. The quality of effort impacts on all aspects of GuyOil’s objectives. The Incumbent bears ultimate responsibility for the degree of success of the operations and ensures that quality of work meets or surpasses performance standards and targets within the legal/regulatory framework.
The work requires coordination of sequenced activities, and reconciliation of apparent conflicting information in relation to processes and methods which must comply with legal requirements and standards.
The Incumbent must maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices;
participating in professional societies.
The interpersonal relationships at this level are with high-ranking officials both within and external to GuyOil in structured or unstructured settings; as well as with clients and staff. Considerable persuasive ability or tact may be required to handle the contacts.
MENTAL AND VISUAL DEMANDS
Requires high level close application with periods of pressure or above high normal pace to supervise assignments requiring continuous mental and visual demands, often having to choose between two or more similar demands. Errors may affect the accuracy of the Department’s/Service Station’s/Terminal’s output as well as the work of other Sections.
The work environment involves everyday risks which require normal safety precautions. Works inside, on shift and around people. May undertake visit to Terminals and Depot.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.