The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Business Operations Assistant I
Job SummaryThe incumbent is required to perform a variety of clerical/secretarial and administrative support duties of limited complexity.
Work involves assisting in the planning and management of meetings; opening, sorting and routing of mail; maintaining records and files; performing routine accounting duties and generating a wide variety of documents utilising appropriate software. Depending on assignment, the incumbent may be required to perform some or the full range of the duties of this position.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the planning and management of meetings, workshops and conferences :
- prepares agendas;
- issues meeting invitations;
- takes meeting notes;
- distributes minutes to participants; and
- undertakes relevant follow-up action, as directed
- Assists in the coordination of travel arrangements by preparing costings, obtaining quotes from travel agencies and performing other related tasks.
- Maintains file register and filing system in keeping with established systems and procedures.
- Receives, records, sorts and routes incoming and outgoing correspondence and other documents.
- Composes and issues routine correspondence; also prepares drafts of more complex correspondence and reports of meetings, conferences etc. as directed.
- Orders, issues, and maintains inventory of supplies and equipment.
- Assists in the preparation of timesheets and paysheets, vouchers, invoices and requisitions; posts entries in journals and ledgers and other routine accounting duties.
- Files memoranda, letters, reports and other documents.
- Generates a wide variety of documents such as letters, memoranda, minutes, reports, and spreadsheets utilizing appropriate software.
- Attends to queries and ascertains the business of callers and visitors and guides them accordingly.
- Operates standard office equipment such as photocopiers, scanners, facsimile machines and binders.
- Assists in the preparation of budgetary and expenditure statement by collecting and inputting relevant data as directed.
- Undertakes basic information gathering, as directed, and compiles data for entry; enters and/ or verifies data.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Five (5) CXC/GCE O Level passes including English Language and Mathematics.
Required Competencies, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Some knowledge of relevant Public Service rules, regulations, instructions and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill in the use of personal computers.
- Ability to use e-Government technology platforms.
- Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
- Ability to compose and prepare documents such as letters, memoranda, minutes and reports.
- Ability to learn assigned tasks of limited complexity and variety readily.
- Ability to make arithmetical computations.
- Ability to use a computer and other standard office machines such as photocopiers, scanners and facsimile machines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and the public.
- Ability to use initiative to find solutions for simple work related issues.