The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Campus Librarian, Librarian II – Northern Bahamas
Job SummaryThe University Libraries is seeking a full-time Librarian to lead the strategic development of library services at its Northern Bahamas Campus.
The incumbent will be a dynamic, innovative individual with strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills that engender excellence in librarianship, customer service, collegiality and professionalism.
The successful candidate will demonstrate sound understanding of emerging technologies and trends in library and information science and their application in an academic library environment, along with a strong commitment to developing excellent and innovative integrated library services within the institution.
- The duties of the Librarian will include but not be limited to leadership in planning, budgeting, monitoring and assessing library services delivery;
- policy development and facilities management;
- supervision and training of library staff;
- engagement in library related research;
- liaising with all academic units, and performing evening and weekend reference desk assignments (on rotation);
- and performing other related duties as assigned to support the ongoing development of the University Libraries.
- Successful candidates must have an earned Master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science from an accredited university;
- and a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an academic library which includes management and leadership of a library branch/unit.