The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryResponsible for responding to fires, rescue, and medical needs of the AUTEC Community to include Range User personnel and assets on the AUTEC project as a Casual Employee.
- Perform general structural and aircraft firefighting and rescue duties and responsibilities through a variety of established techniques and approaches under the supervision of a company officer.
- Respond to Hazardous Materials emergencies and perform control and containment tasks.
- Drive a variety of fire apparatus, ambulances, and related vehicles to emergency and non-emergency incidents in a safe and professional manner.
- Operate fire apparatus pumps and appliances to produce required fire flow demands.
- Perform basic daily operator inspections and maintenance on fire apparatus; clean, wash, and service equipment, inspect, test, and maintain equipment and pumps including but not limited to nozzles, appliances, fittings, fire extinguishers, hand and power tools, ropes, ladders, emergency lighting equipment, generators, rescue and first aid and related equipment.
- Flow-test fire hydrants and fire sprinkler systems, pressure testing of hoses, and weight certification of ladders.
- Perform facility fire prevention inspections and related services as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years related experience working in Firefighter/EMR education/duties environment.
- Must have EMR certificate.
- Must have Fire Fighter I and II, ARFF, and HazMat Operations (IFSAC or NPQS).
- Valid Drivers License and passport are required.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, and pull up to 100 pounds of material or equipment.
- Must be able to work in confined and/or smoke filled spaces.
- Must be able to wear Self Contained Breathing Apparatus.
- Participates in daily physical fitness training per DoD requirement, and must take and pass company physical and recurrent physical annually.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to reside in remote location with limited medical facilities.
- This position requires the individual to be eligible to obtain a US Government security Clearance; US Citizenship is required.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.