The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chemical Laboratory Technician
Job SummaryThe Faculty of Engineering and Computing, School of Engineering, invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the position of Chemical Laboratory Technician.
The selected candidate will be responsible for preparing laboratories for classes, assisting students in conducting and recording experiments as well as calibration, maintenance and repairs of equipment.
IDEALLY, CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE:
- Diploma in Chemical Engineering or equivalent qualifications.
- At least two (2) years’ experience as a Technician in an industrial/lab setting.
- Knowledge of common chemical industrial transformation processes.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of applied and analytical chemistry.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and testing chemical systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.