The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chief Executive Officer (GMG/SEG 1)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority (NERHA) is seeking a dynamic, proactive and analytical individual to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer for the Port Antonio Hospital.
Reporting to the Parish Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the management and delivery of quality health services by effectively and efficiently planning, coordinating, directing and controlling the activities of this institution bringing about innovative solutions within a financially constrained environment to achieve agreed goals.
The ideal candidate will meet the following educational criteria:
- First Degree in Hospital or Health Services Management
- Post graduate qualification in Management, Public Administration, Finance, Health or equivalent; (would be an asset)
- At least five (5) years’ experience at a senior management level with extensive exposure to corporate planning, financial management, and management information systems;
In addition, the candidate will possess:
- The ability to organize and coordinate the work of others and work as part of a team
- Sound financial management skills
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of strategic planning process.
- Excellent human relations skills
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Managing the operations of the hospital in accordance with established policies, rules and regulations for the conduct of the institution’s business.
- Organizing the functions and operations of the hospital through appropriate departmentalization and delegation of duties, and establish formal means of accountability from those to whom duties have been delegated.
- Preparing annual operating budget for submission to the North East Regional Health Authority through the Board and maintaining a system of responsible accounting, budget and internal controls.
- Assisting in the development of short, medium and long term plans of health services.
- Be responsible for the control and effective utilization of the financial resources of the hospital.
- Practical application of Human Resource and Industrial Relations policies