The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chief of Party, Food for Progress
Job SummaryPADF is seeking a Chief of Party for a USDA-funded agricultural development project in Haiti.
The Chief of Party (COP) will provide overall leadership and technical direction for this project focused on increasing agricultural productivity and expanding agricultural trade in Haiti. Duties will include the execution of program strategy, overseeing the design and delivery of capacity building activities for smallholder farmers and other post-harvest actors in the value chain, and effectively engaging multiple stakeholders (public, private, non-profit) to deliver high-quality, sustainable project results. The COP will also be responsible for the management of the project and will serve as key liaison with the USDA, USAID, the Government of Haiti (GoH), and implementing partners. S/he will ensure proper reporting, financial oversight and compliance of the project in accordance with USDA rules and regulations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing strategic direction to the project, guiding implementation strategies and methodologies;
- Ensuring timely delivery of all project results as well as strong compliance with USG funding regulations;
- Supervising project staff in all project locations;
- Liaising with GoH officials at all levels and representing PADF and the project with other implementing organizations, funding agencies, and others as needed;
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in Agriculture Science, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Veterinary Sciences, or similar.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in project management, supervision, administration, and implementation of grant, cooperative agreement and contract requirements (including meeting deadlines achieving targets, and overseeing the preparation and submission of required reports), on projects of similar nature.
- Experience in Haiti’s agricultural sector required.
- Experience with US Government assistance funding required; experience with USDA programs strongly preferred.
- Experience maintaining working relationships with all project stakeholders, including coalition building and promotion of public-private partnerships a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English and French; proficiency in Haitian Creole a plus;
- Extensive experience working and managing activities in challenging political and physical environments.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, including demonstrated leadership and team-building with staff and partners at all levels;
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines under stressful conditions;
- High level of maturity, good judgment, flexibility and integrity of character;
- Demonstrated ability to elaborate and implement systems and procedures and the ability to effectively communicate these to program/technical staff in order to ensure their compliance;
- Cultural sensitivity, and an ability to engage in difficult conversations with high level officials, victims, and other stakeholders
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.