The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chief of Party, WASH Project
Job SummaryTetra Tech, is seeking a qualified Chief of Party to lead all technical and administrative components of an anticipated $40-50 million USAID-funded water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) project in Haiti.
The purpose of this 4.5-year project is to reduce the prevalence of cholera and other waterborne diseases in order to improve Haitians’ health and prosperity. The project will focus on increasing access to water and sanitation services in cholera hotspots and communities recovering from cyclical disasters such as Hurricane Matthew. To do this, the project will seek to increase access to sustainable water supply services, increase access to sustainable sanitation services, and strengthen the enabling environment for sustainably delivering, operating, and maintaining WASH services.
- University post-graduate degree (master’s/doctorate) in a similarly related field of study, such as environmental or civil engineering, public health, business administration, governance, etc., At least 10 years of experience leading development projects;
- Technical expertise in water and sanitation, local governance and/or private sector capacity building for improvement of water and sanitation services, and behavior change promotion;
- A demonstrated track record of progressively responsible managerial experience implementing donor projects with similar complexity; USAID contract management highly preferred;
- Previous experience in developing collaborative working relationships with host-country governments, civil society, regional stakeholders and other contractors;
- Experience monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress toward project objectives;
- Experience evaluating sub-contractor and grantee activities, and developing solutions to keep activities on track;
- Experience working in Haiti;
- Fluent in French and English, Haitian Creole preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the Reference.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered.