The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Chief Workforce Planning Officer (GMG/SEG 4)
Job SummaryApplications are being invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Chief Workforce Planning Officer (GMG/SEG 4) in the Strategic Human Resource Management Division of this Ministry.
The Chief Work Force Planning Officer is a member of the team Workforce Planning and Improvement Branch. The position is responsible for assisting with the management of the workforce for the public sector by balancing staff levels with the work being undertaken. To incumbent will be responsible for develop policies and programmes for ensuring that the public sector is effectively and efficiently staffed with workers that are equipped with the necessary skills and competences to perform present and emerging jobs.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Assists in the development of a public sector wide workforce planning framework that can be used (adopted) by the MDA’s
- Develops and implements a Workforce Plan;
- Defines and Identifies Workforce:
- Collects workforce data from Human Resource and Information Systems (HRIS) and other sources
- Identifies functional positions/roles
- Develops competency/ skills, proficiency levels
- Validates data with Human Resource Managers or Supervisors
- Researches and compares national and local workforce models
- Participates in local and national workforce planning networks and groups to develop and share best practices
- Provides advice on best practice in workforce planning methods
- Conducts Workforce Supply Analysis:
- Uses statistical tools to conduct a workload analysis to understand work performed
- Determines workforce capabilities needed to accomplish work
- Creates analytical tools to depict characteristics
- Conducts Supply Analysis to determine strengths, risks and gaps in workforce improvements
- Conducts Workforce Demand and Gap Analysis:
- Identifies future demands for workforce needs
- Uses historical and current data to analyse trends and model data
- Conducts a gap analysis on current and future demand/supply
- Identifies workforce objectives and determine workforce development strategies
- Implements Workforce Planning:
- Develops and Implements an action plan with a detailed timeline and phased approach
- Develops and monitors feedback mechanisms
- Determines which employees will own process and train them to continuously employ workforce planning process
- Conducts workforce planning research in keeping with the Government of Jamaica’s (GOJ) Public Sector Transformation;
- Identifies gaps where succession planning and talent management can be used effectively;
- Provides information, assessment and interpretation of the public sector workforce- trends and forecasts;
- Develops and implements succession planning framework/programmes;
- Develops systems to monitor and evaluate public sector workforce changes/gaps.
Required Knowledge/Skills include:
- Sound Knowledge of Workforce planning
- Sound knowledge of succession planning
- Excellent organisational, planning and problem solving skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent at time management and meeting deadlines
- Computer literate in the relevant computer software
Qualifications & Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Public Sector Management, Human Resource Management/Social Sciences with three (3) years’ experience related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Human Resource Management or equivalent with five (5) years’ related experience
- Specialized training in Workforce Planning would be an asset.
Salary: $2,593,142-$3,007,250 per annum
Travelling: $ 1,341,624 per annum.
We thank all for applying but please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.