The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryApplications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Clinical Pharmacist at the King Edward Memorial Hospital (Acute Care Facility).
Key responsibilities include:
- Adheres to all IV Room policies and procedures (e.g.: storage, dispensing, cleaning schedule). Prepares all IV requirements for inpatient and outpatient needs. Should have a working knowledge of aseptic techniques and the ability to prepare sterile IV products and chemotherapeutic agents
- Receives, interprets and evaluates all medication orders for patient specific drug related problem, following established policies and procedures. Consults with medical staff/nursing as the need arises
- Dispenses narcotics and assists with maintaining the perpetual inventory records
- Provides drug information to other healthcare professionals and drug information/ counseling as needed to patients
- Participates in departmental rotation of duties and responsibilities and performs technical functions as the need arises
- Keeps stockroom technician informed of stock needs (e.g. shortages/outages, expirations, fluctuations in demand)
- Works with the Pharmacy Manager to develop strategies to communicate, develop, test requirements and specifications for protocols, pharmacokinetic closing and other pharmaceutical care applications
- Responsible to work across all BHB campuses and all service areas.
Qualifications &/ Registration required:
- Graduate of a recognized School of Pharmacy
- Post graduate clinical qualifications – UK (M.Pharm + PG Clinical and Post Graduate Diploma) or USA (Phar.D.) – clinical residency
- Minimum of 2 years of pharmacy experience in a similar hospital position with experience in supervising professional and technical staff
- Registration with the Bermuda Government Pharmacy Council.