The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Communications & Media Fellow
Job SummaryWe are looking for a person with strong English communications skills and who can share our story and raise awareness through social media, publications, and public relations.
Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti/Kore Timoun aims to improve health and wellness of children under 5 through community based prevention and management of malnutrition in Léogâne, Haïti. Our programs address a wide range of factors to reduce the risk of malnutrition and support sustainable livelihoods in both rural and urban communities, including maternal child health, community empowerment, and WASH.
The Communications Fellow works with a strong team both in Haiti and Chattanooga, TN, to actively help fulfill the vision, mission and activities of the Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti (CNP)/Kore Timoun. S/he is primarily responsible, with support and supervision from the Country Program Director and Executive Director, for ensuring that the objectives and responsibilities outlined below are accomplished and meet the highest professional and ethical standards.
We are looking for a person with strong English communications skills and who can share our story and raise awareness through social media, publications, and public relations. Photography, video, and/or journalism experience is desired. French or Creole language background is helpful, but not required.
The Communications & Social Media Fellow is based in Leogane, Haiti, and reports to the Country Program Director, who is also based in Haiti. This position will require a minimum of 40 hours a week Monday through Friday with occasional weekends. Office hours for fellows are between 8:00am and 4:30pm, and field hours are flexible.
The Children’s Nutrition Program of Haiti/Kore Timoun is a Christian based non profit founded in 1998. Our mission is to help raise a generation of healthy children who can then raise Haiti from poverty. For more information go to www.cnphaiti.org.
Length of Commitment: 12 months
• Manage all CNP’s social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blog) and website
• Conduct interviews and collect material for content
• Develop compelling content, both written and photographic
• Work with Executive staff on developing and implementing fundraising strategies
• Work with Executive staff on Annual Report;
• Regularly collect data to monitor and evaluate communication efforts
• Occasionally seek and source volunteer photographers
• To assist in grant writing activities.
Fellow is responsible for travel to and from Haiti, medical evacuation insurance and health insurance and any personal expenses that are incurred.
• Ensure that the fellow has the resources to successfully fulfill his/her objectives and responsibilities.
• Provide an opportunity for frequent two-way feedback on performance and the meeting of objectives and responsibilities.
• Pays a stipend of $200 USD/month based on the time commitment outlined above, and 20 vacation days and Haitian holidays.
• Provide housing. Housing will potentially be shared room and bathroom.
• Cooked meals Monday through Friday with the exception of Haitian holidays.
• Provide electricity and potable water (with occasional outages).
• 24 hour security of residence/office.