The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Corporate and Consumer Relations Officer
Job SummaryThe Utilities Regulation and Competition Authority (“URCA”) is seeking to employ a motivated and highly qualified individual to fill the post of Corporate and Consumer Relations Officer, in URCA’s Corporate and Consumer Relations Department.
The Corporate and Consumer Relations Officer is responsible for effective and appropriate administration of URCA’s consumer education and complaints management activities. The position also provides innovative and timely input into the ongoing enhancement of the complaints handling process and provides general support within the Corporate and Consumer Relations Department as required.
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Provide exceptional service to consumers by various means (in person, by telephone, in writing) to ascertain their respective concerns;
- Respond in a timely fashion to all inquiries and concerns;
- Assist in the enhancement of existing procedures and the development of others to ensure that all contacts with URCA by consumers are efficiently and effectively documented recorded and responded to;
- Ensure the accurate and expeditious documentation of all contacts by consumers;
- Create monthly consumer complaints report;
- Interface with counterparts in the regulated sector service providers to keep abreast of complaint handling procedures and to resolve non-complex complaints;
- Ensure that the URCA’s internal Complaint Handling Procedures is widely distributed and followed in the processing of complaints and inquiries;
- Monitor social media platforms for consumer related postings; answers queries and engage with followers;
- Monitor all consumer feedback to ensure that any issues are brought to the attention of the department’s head;
- Ensure the timely completion and closure of consumer complaint files;
- Interact with and assist in the development of relations with other consumer groups;
- Assist in the establishment of; provides support for; and assist in maintaining relations with the Consumer Advisory Council;
- Assist in the preparation of statistics and other relevant consumer related information to assist in the department’s overall public education goals and objectives;
- Assist in the development of consumer education /awareness activities for execution throughout The Bahamas;
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, education, Communications, Marketing or relevant area.
- At least three years’ progressive work experience in customer service/customer relations and social media engagement and or progressive experience in retail sales environment.
- Experience gained within a customer relations department within a regulated industry, or consumer complaints function, will be an asset.
- Able to liaise effectively with members of the public and other critical external and internal stakeholders.
- Able to draft effective communication materials, including education awareness plans, responses to consumers and operators (as required).
- Skills in designing consumer communication / education programmes.
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to listen and respond timely to all inquiries and concerns.
- Strong customer service and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work equally well both independently and within a team on major projects.
- Ability to work well with others at all levels both within and outside the organization.
- Capable of conceptual and strategic thinking.
- Ability to absorb new facts, data and information rapidly.
- Good written and oral communication and inter-personal skills, and the right attitude to be part of a winning team.
- Demonstrated ability to pay strict attention to detail and demonstrate a commitment to high quality service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook) and other applicable software tool.
Remuneration & Benefits:
URCA is a performance driven organisation and offers a competitive and attractive remuneration and benefits package as well as opportunities for career enrichment. Through URCA’s various international affiliations, employees have the opportunity for global exposure in the areas of regulation and competition.
URCA thanks all applicants for their interest but only applicants who have been short-listed and have the qualifications and experience requested will be contacted.