The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Counsellor/Sexual Harassment Advisor, University Health Centre
Job SummaryThe University of the West Indies, Mona Campus invite applications from suitable persons to fill the position of Counsellor/Sexual Harassment Advisor, University Health Centre.
Applicants must satisfy the following essential criteria:
- Postgraduate degree in Counselling or Clinical Psychology from a University recognized by the Jamaica Psychological Society/University Council of Jamaica;
- Evidence of accreditation in Counselling or Psychotherapy recognized by a national professional body;
- Previous experience assisting people with a history of sexual harassment or abuse.
Applicants who possess the following will be at a distinct advantage:
- Evidence of participation in professional organisations and continued professional development;
- Evidence of contribution to the knowledge base through research, lectures, presentations and seminars.
The successful candidate will be required, among other things to:
- Have special responsibility for all issues related to Sexual Harassment on the Mona Campus
- Engage with clients using a variety of therapeutic modalities thereby identifying the nature of the presenting problem and developing and executing a relevant treatment plan;
- Provide crisis intervention services for the campus community following incidents of natural disasters, violence, death or suicide;
- Train appropriate personnel to be First Contact Individuals for those who are involved in incidents of sexual harassment;
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of programmes to meet identified development needs of students;
- Organise programmes to educate the Campus Community about sexual harassment.
The University thanks all applicants, but due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.