The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryRapidly expanding, Internationally renowned franchise seeks to fill the position of Country Manager in Barbados.
Purpose of the Job:
The Country Manager directly manages the operational strategies and procedures for Subway stores within the Subway chain in Barbados.
- Assists with the development and implementation of the organization’s policies, practices, procedures and attainment of operating goals.
- Conducts monthly store meetings with staff
- Reviews, analyzes and prepares reports, records, and directives, and confers with Multi-Unit Managers to obtain data required for planning activities such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered.
- Assigns or delegates responsibilities for specified work or functional activities and disseminates policies and objectives to staff.
- Organizes resources to ensure effective production and requirement of manpower, goods and services.
- Gives work direction, resolves problems, customer complaints, prepares schedules and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work.
- Evaluates current procedures and policies for accomplishing Company’s goals and recommends improvements and changes accordingly.
- Ensures adequate training is administered and also ensures employee compliance to the company’s policies and procedures.
- Coordinates with other departments regarding related activities to ensure efficiency.
- Coordinates and implements all Marketing initiatives as well as measures and analyses the results of campaigns and strategies implemented.
- Monitors and analyzes costs relating to food, labor, services etc.
- Administers and recommends disciplinary action as required.
- Prepares action plans to meet the Company’s goals and objectives.
- Oversees and evaluates work and recommends promotions, transfers, or termination of employees based on performance in conjunction with the Multi-Unit Managers.
- Ensures proper cash handling procedures are followed at all times.
- Reports and resolves breakdowns of equipment and damages to company property.
- Complies with company policies relating to mobiles, vehicles, and internet/email.
- Responsible for securing the company’s assets.
- Ensures that staff maintains a high level of customer service, food safety and sanitation.
- Motivates employees to achieve excellence.
- Contributes to ensuring employee retention.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Liaises internally with Owners, Directors, Heads of Departments, Multi-Unit Managers, Store Managers/Supervisors, Warehouse and Distribution Staff.
- Liaises externally with Customers, Contractors and Service Providers.
- Accountable for the effective operations and compliance of all company policies and procedures within the Subway chain in Barbados.
- Completion of a Tertiary level education
- 5-7 years experience in food service operations with at least 3 years in a management position.
- Computer knowledge
- Must be physically able to work any station in the restaurant when needed. Must be able to exert well-paced mobility.
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to understand and implement written and verbal instructions.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to deal with all levels of employees.
- Phone contact with the Management Team is vitally important to this position.
- Reliable attendance record
- Honesty and schedule flexibility are critical
- Must be available to work shifts, weekends and public holidays.
- Results oriented.