The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Customer Service Officer (GMG/AM 2)
Job SummaryThe North East Regional Health Authority is seeking to fill the position of Customer Service Officer (GMG/AM 2) at the Portland Health Department.
The incumbent will be responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the customer service department within the framework of established policies and procedures; receiving and handling complaints in keeping within the Customer Complaints Management System; communicates, implement and interprets new and existing policies and procedures to staff within the facility and coordinates with other departments to resolve issues involving the customer service department.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma or Associate degree in related area
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in similar capacity
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Good analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to deal with the Public tactfully and to maintain favourable public relations
- Ability to answer questions and to determine appropriate course of action for incoming complaints or calls
- Ability to provide effective leadership and work as a part of a team
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of the organization and operations of the work area.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited:
- Assists in developing, implementing and monitoring quality assurance programme for the hospital.
- Assist in providing and maintaining an effective public relations programme.
- Liaises with section heads to ensure that support services for patients are provided efficiently and effectively.
- Compiles progress reports on various aspects of health department activities for submission on a monthly basis or as required
- Provides advice and guidance to members of staff in undertaking their respective tasks.
- Coordinates, directs, and monitors staff activities to ensure prompt, courteous, and accurate responses are provided to customers.
- Monitors efficiency and quality efforts of personnel and makes recommendations for training and coaching support.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged