The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Customer Service Professional
Job SummaryThe Customer Service Professional is responsible for courteous daily interaction with the public on the phone and in person.
The incumbent will be required to represent the organisation’s image when interacting with the public in accordance with the company’s mission and vision and to perform general clerical duties that contribute to its effective operation.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively manages the PBX and transfers calls, as required.
- Manages the delivery of all messages to the managers in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with Corporate Services to ensure that relief staff in place at the front desk in his/ her absence.
- Ensures all visitor needs are effectively and efficiently handled.
- Sorts and files documents as instructed by senior officers of the organisation.
- Searches for and retrieves files and correspondence.
- Prepares letters, internal memoranda and other documents.
- Inputs data on the computer system, as directed.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Performs related duties as may be required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of general office procedures and clerical techniques.
- Good organisation skills.
- Ability to prioritise and follow instructions.
- Proficiency in typing.
- Computer literate.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 CXC, CSEC or O’ Level passes including English and Mathematics.
- Minimum experience: 1 year in a similar position
- Certificate in Computer Literacy
- Completion of a course in Front desk Management and/ or Telephone Etiquette shall be considered an asset.