The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Department Manager - Early and Late Stage Delinquency
Job SummaryTo manage and lead a department in the Credit Management & Recoveries Unit being responsible for the efficient running of the day to day operations by the effective delivery of its goals & objectives, through a trained motivated team of professionals
What will you do?
- Be the contact for day to day activities regarding Early and Late Delinquency in the Bahamas Collection Site
- Contribute to business plan/budget commitments (e.g. NIE/FTE/Sundry Losses).
- Addresses and escalates in a timely manner, when necessary, all risk related issues for the Department ensuring swift resolution within acceptable time frames
- Lead performance management routines and practices. Conducts annual employee development reviews, career coaching discussions and recognizes and rewards strong performance consistently
- Identifies the strengths of potential resources/talent to achieve business targets
- Realize maximize return on all files, reduces losses, minimizes costs and ensure optimization of the client experience
- Plays an active role in building both internal and external networks to capitalize on business opportunities and operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure that employees understand RBC vision, as well as support and reinforce targeted behaviours that contribute to RBC goals
- Provide focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business, Finance, Banking or equivalent professional qualification
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent aptitude for organizing and prioritizing
- Technologically self sufficient
- Extensive knowledge of credit and collections – Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of collection practices in The Bahamas, TCI and Cayman
- Strong people management skills
- Strong change management skills
- Knowledge of Project Management process/disciplines
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Opportunity to manage greater responsibilities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive and high performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact