The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Deputy Chief of Party
Job SummaryAbt Associates seeks a Deputy Chief of Party to support the International Health Division in Haiti.
SHOPS Plus Haiti is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party to partially cover a specific management function of the project. This position, working under the direct supervision of the COP, will serve as the second point of contact for Haiti SHOPS Plus activities and will assist in project overall management.
Key Roles and Responsibilties
Managerial and technical
- Assist the COP in providing managerial oversight of the local staff and in ensuring timely implementation and reporting of activities, as well as the achievement of results and accountability to USAID Haiti (and Washington) and SHOPS Plus home office;
- Ensure the COP’s interim in his absence and serve the secondary project liaison to the donor and the partners;
- Support the COP in ensuring teamwork and collaboration within the project and with partners and stakeholder representatives to build and maintain productive relationships;
- In accordance with the COP, represent Abt at various meetings with USAID/Haiti, other donor agencies, as well as implementing partners and senior government officials, as required;
- Other business and technical work in support of the MSPP (Ministry of Health of Haiti) as proposed by the SHOPS Plus team.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Management, Business Administration, or other applicable fields;
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant professional experience in international development, including at least 7 years as a senior technical professional or program manager working in health development programs, preferably USAID-funded;
- Project implementation in Francophone countries and particularly in fragile states desired, including Haiti ideally;
- Demonstrated management experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong representational skills;
- Experience working with senior government officials;
- Familiarity with USAID and experience working on USAID-funded projects;
- Fluency in French; Intermediate proficiency in English (both written and verbal).