The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Deputy General Counsel
Job SummaryThe Urban Development Corporation invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the post of Deputy General Counsel.
The incumbent is responsible for the conduct of conveyancing, contract and commercial transactions; the preparation and vetting of construction contracts; the rendering of legal advice on contracts including amendments thereto; the rendering of general legal advice and opinion on land related matters, company law, and all matters of a legal nature affecting the Corporation.
The ideal candidate should have:
Specific Knowledge, Qualification and Experience
- A LLB Degree
- Certificate in legal Education
- Enrolment at the Jamaican Bar
- A minimum of seven (7) years of experience in Conveyancing, Contract/Commercial law and Construction law
- Expert knowledge of conveyancing and land law
- Expert knowledge of contract and commercial law
- Sound knowledge of construction contracts
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats
- Excellent human relations skills
- Skills in opinion writing
- Effective management skills and sound Judgement
- Effective time management skills
We thank all applicants for their interest but wish to advise that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.