The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Destination Marketing Manager
I am beauty unspoilt. Culture preserved. I am a diver’s dream and hiker’s paradise. I am the trailhead to adventure and discovery, unlike any other Caribbean destination. I am volcanic peaks, boiling waters and underwater champagne springs. Sparkling waterfalls, rushing streams and rainforest canopies. I am celebrations of music, art and flowers. I am nature’s island. I am Dominica. Are You?
The Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) requires a suitably qualified professional to fill a leadership/management position in Destination Marketing.
- In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer / Director of Tourism, successful applicant makes proposals for the development of the marketing strategy and plan;
- Markets the Dominica Destination Brand;
- Leads a marketing team and oversees the implementation of aspects of the marketing plan and is operationally and directly responsible for implementation of the marketing plan in one or more key geographical markets;
- Monitors and evaluates marketing performance;
- Monitors and evaluates performance of staff under supervision;
- Maintains communication and productive relationships with key tourism industry stakeholders and the media in Dominica and overseas;
- Undertakes budget management.
- Applicants should possess relevant qualifications at the Graduate or Undergraduate Degree level in Tourism, Marketing or a Business-related field;
- A minimum of five years’ work experience; to include managerial experience in the Tourism Sector or in Tourism Marketing.
CONDITIONS OF RECRUITMENT:
The position is to be filled on a contractual basis.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND TIMELINE
Indicate your interest by forwarding your Cover Letter, Resume and three (3) references to include at least 2 most recent employers.
Closing date for receipt of applications is March 3, 2017