The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Job SummaryThe incumbent will participate as an integral member of the health care team by liaising with the medical and culinary team to coordinate all phases of the patient’s nutritional care
The incumbent will participate as an integral member of the health care team by liaising with the medical and culinary team to coordinate all phases of the patient’s nutritional care including nutrition assessment, care planning, meal planning, monitoring, educating and counseling of hospitalized patients and outpatients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides nutritional counselling to in and out patients and their family members.
- Conducts follow-up visits to facilitate understanding of meal plan and to ensure compliance.
- Liaises with the medical team to carry out the prescribed nutritional needs of the patients.
- Checks meal trays to ensure accuracy of meals in relation to diet prescriptions and portion control.
- Orients new employees to the department, this includes instruction in basic sanitation in food handling and personal sanitation.
Academic qualifications and experience required for job
- Sc. in Dietetics and Nutrition
- Minimum two (2) years experience in the applicable field
- Registered with the Council of Professions Supplementary to Medicine.
- Keen sense of observation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to cope under extreme pressure
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Strong organizational, creative thinking and analytical skills are essential