The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, Finance I (FMG/PA I)
Job SummaryTo assist in ensuring an efficient and effective accounting system including effective internal controls along with timely and accurate financial reporting.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
Prepares Work Plan and ensures that the policies and procedures are consistent with strategic objectives
- Responsible for replying to the Auditor General’s Queries and Observations for the Ministry and its Department.
- Collates information for the response to the Annual Auditor General’s Report
- Maintains the register of Audit Queries, and prepare the monthly report of the outstanding queries.
- Reports losses/irregularities and overpayments to the Financial Secretary and the Auditor General.
- Processes Foreign Exchange payments
- Checks and certifies Monthly Financial Statements before submission to the relevant authorities.
- Attends meetings within and outside the Ministry.
- Assists with monitoring the payment of bills.
- Collates any additional information required for dispatch
- Distributes circulars and memoranda.
- Inform persons about over payments.
Human Resource Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Chief Accountant to determine and recommend staff training needs, disciplinary or other personnel action
- Participates in the recruitment of staff for the Division
- Evaluates and reviews performance of staff
- Excellent knowledge of Government and General Accounting - Level 3
- Excellent knowledge of Public Sector Regulations - Level 3
- Ability to cope well under pressured working conditions and to meet deadlines - Level 3
- Use of Technology - Level 3
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- AAT Level3;
- ACCA – CAT Level 3; ACCA Level 1
- Diploma in Accounting from a recognized University e.g. UTECH
- A. Sc –Accounting, MIND
- Completion of revised certificate in Government Accounting Course
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Management Studies with accounting from a recognized University e.g. UTECH, UWI
Please note that responses will be sent to short- listed applicants only