The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, Management Information Systems (MIS/IT 6)
Job SummaryThe Southern Regional Health Authority (SRHA) invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Director, Management Information Systems (MIS/IT 6).
Reporting to the Regional Director, the Director, Management Information Systems will be responsible for the development of an efficient management information system to support the strategic direction of the Authority. In addition, the incumbent will plan, implement and evaluate quality control processes to ensure that the systems and procedures adhere to agreed standards of the organization.
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems with Diploma in Management Studies/Business Administration plus a Diploma in Systems Analysis.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in an analytical position within a medium-large information systems project or department.
- At least one (1) year experience in project management as well as developing information technology policies, procedures and standards.
- Sound knowledge of leading edge information management technology and its application in the health service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Sound knowledge of Project Management
- Assesses the Regional Authority business objectives and identifying its technology requirements.
- Evaluates finished projects for goal satisfaction, ongoing maintenance requirements and change control/revision procedures.
- Determines the strategic direction of the Information Systems Division and developing operating plans in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Manipulates health and other relevant statistical data to inform management decisions in the areas of health, finance and operations of the region.
- Makes recommendations for and coordinating the purchase of new equipment.
- Prepares the division’s annual operating budget and ensuring that expenditures are kept with budgetary limits.
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.