The Caribbean's Premier Career Network
Director, NI Gold Administration (GMG/SEG 2)
Job SummaryTo administer the business operations of the health insurance plan of the National Insurance Scheme in keeping with its objectives and the Ministry’s mandate.
- Monitors and adheres to the provisions of contract with health insurance providers;
- Reconciles and certifies claims for payment from health insurance providers as required;
- Requests health insurance cards from health insurance providers; inventorize, verifies cards received and dispatches them to pensioners as required;
- Liaises with health insurance provider and public officers as required;
- Provides information/advice to public officers, pensioners and the public about the health insurance plan of the National Insurance Scheme;
- Represents the Ministry at meetings, workshops, conferences and other functions as required;
- Creates, manages and maintains records to comprehensively capture the business operations of the health insurance plan of the National Insurance Scheme;
- Organizes meetings with health insurance providers as required;
- Prepares and submits reports of activities;
- Participates in the preparation of the Strategic and Operational Plans and the Annual Budget;
- Participates in the design of a Succession Plan in order to facilitate continuity and the availability of required skills and competencies to meet the needs of the National Insurance Scheme;
- Participates in contract negotiations with service providers;
- Reviews and recommends updates to the contract for the provision of the service and reports anomalies as required;
- Prepares Compliance and Reconciliation Report;
- Prepares Status Report;
- Performs any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Customer and quality focus
- Ability to work in a team
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Goal/Results oriented
- Managing partners
- Good presentation, oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to do reconciliation
- Sound knowledge of the provisions of the contract between the Ministry of Labour and Social Security and the health plan provider
- Working knowledge of the Ministry’s records management policies and procedures
- Proficiency in the use of the relevant computer applications
- Working knowledge of the National Insurance Act and Regulations
Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in Business Administration or equivalent;
- Three (3) years’ work experience.
Salary range $1,730,109 – $2,056,555 per annum and any allowance(s) attached to the post.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.